Tuesday 5 November 2013

all you need is a girl and a gun

Dior by John Galliano, Fall/Winter 2011-2012




Salvatore Ferragamo, Fall/Winter 2013-2014

Here's some pics of women that I've been collecting lately. I have selected outfits proposed by some fashion firms I follow and shots of films I love. I have been reflecting on the influence that fashion firms have on constructing an idea of women: for instance the pics here can all signify women who are very feminine, emotional, charming and reflective, but also masculine, strong, determinate, brave and instinctive. I have found very similar identities represented in films where the main character shows very feminine aspects of her personality but also embodies characteristics usually associated with man in films. So, my question has been: how can the message of these images matter from a woman and feminist point of view?
For me Feminism is also very much about being free to decide to be how I am and to express my individual identity also from the way I look and I behave like. 
Who says that shooting with a gun is masculine? :)





Blumarine, Fall/Winter 2013-2014





Moschino, Spring/Summer 2012



Mama Fratelli ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment